This week I created my first ever iMovie. I will openly admit, I was nervous and afraid to try because I don't consider myself that technologically savvy. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how user friendly iMovie was and I was instantly put at ease. I actually found myself having a harder time choosing which photos and music to use than I did using the iMovie features.
Here is my top 10 favorite iMovie features:
10. Drag and Drop is your best friend for all media (pictures, text, sound, transitions)
9. Instant access to your iPhoto and iTunes libraries without having to open the programs.
8. Make a mistake? No problem, the undo command is your best friend.
7. I didn't need to read a 100 page article to learn how to use it. To learn what a button does, hover your mouse over it and it will display its job.
6. Crop: You choose the focal point of the picture.
5. When layering music, it automatically cuts it to fit the length of your movie.
4. AUTOSAVE, without creating a filename first.
3. Export your movie using multiple formats.
2. Ken Burns: this is genius! It can make a still picture feel like its moving.
1. Lots of customizable items!
I would recommend that all performing arts educators become acquainted with iMovie as I believe I know have a useful tool to supplement my work.
No comments:
Post a Comment